Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Boracay, July 2008



Went to Bora last July. The roundtrip ticket cost only P2,999, and the lodging was free. We stayed in this hilltop house owned by Nini, my friend's friend.



The house was impressive, beginning with the main door's ornately carved frame.



One flight of stairs led to my very own spacious room.



Another flight of stairs led to the living and dining areas, which featured this beautiful custom-made coconut chandelier. I loved it.



These areas overlook a beautiful view of the backside of Boracay.



I was ostensibly invited in this trip to "chaperone" two balikbayan teenagers, because they were with a bunch of adults and I would be closer to these kids' ages than the other adults.

But it turned out these kids weren't allowed to drink, or do anything remotely adult-like, that the only chaperoning I did was to jetski with one of them. I thought I'd die of fright, the speed this kid was going.

I had more babysitting duties with this adorable little boy, and became great friends with him in just four days. Meet Mikey. We have the same name.

Mikey's back in the States now, along with the rest, and will be back two years from now. Hope he'll remember me when he's 5 years old.

--Morx

No comments: