Monday, October 6, 2008

Toni & Guy Haircut



For years now, nobody has touched my hair but the wonderful, talented Cherry Reyes, who is the managing director of the Toni and Guy franchise in the country, and wife of Talk n Text coach, Chot Reyes.

She's known my hair from the time it was waaaay fuller and she could style it any which way she wanted (sometimes, almost too funky) until now that it's grown sparser. She cuts hair with an almost fanatical meticulousness, which makes the price seem cheap. That's why although etiquette tells me not to tip a stylist who's also the salon owner, I still do. I just don't give it to her directly, but leave it with the receptionist.

To make the money and the trip worth it, I make it a point to grow my hair to an uncomfortable length before having a haircut, as shown in this photo taken at Chicane. I feel queasy looking at myself looking like this, really.




And this is me after the haircut. What a relief.





See what a haircut can do? Lots.

--Morx

No comments: