Monday, August 3, 2009

My New Desk



Yesterday, I finally got this longer and more spacious desk in dark wood from Dimensione for my room. My old desk, back from when I was in grade school, was crummy and couldn't accommodate a laptop, an open book and an open notebook placed side by side. But now there's enough space for them plus more; I just have to roll my chair from one to the other. I can envision a lot of engrossed reading and research at my new desk.

On my desk...


An improvised study lamp


Sharp pencils in a champagne flute


A miniature disco ball, souvenir from a company party years ago


A vase from a friend's Boracay wedding reception. It travelled so far, I thought it needed a place of honor, although it hasn't contained flowers since.


My trusty dictionaries, without which my desk is not complete


Old and yellowing speakers, salvaged from the PC years. I really need to get an iPod dock.


This inexplicable book, which I've never really read, but which I keep in hand because I might just want to become a genius one day.

No comments: