Monday, July 5, 2010

Never Let Me Go



My friend Wanggo reminded me about this novel when, a few weeks ago, he sent me the trailer of its forthcoming film adaptation.

(Watch the trailer here)

Wanggo reminded me that I was the one who urged the novel upon him, and how he wept upon reading it.

I've just finished re-reading Kazuo Ishiguro's fine work today, and I think I must have been a zombie when I read it the first time. I did want to burst into tears this time from unbearable sadness. From something unsettling and weird that also only feels familiar, the story becomes one of deep pathos that truly hits close to home. Never Let Me Go is the work of a master at the peak of his game.

3 comments:

X Men leather jacket said...

I am very happy to keep track the thing that I used to do. many thanks for sharing. impressive page indeed.

Replica Jackets said...

i love your work and its surprisingly helped me and i am grateful for the information given..Thanks for sharing

Replica Jackets said...

i love your work and its surprisingly helped me and i am grateful for the information given..Thanks for sharing