Monday, November 17, 2008

Friday Lunch




No, I didn't eat a bear for lunch. What I had instead was a bowl of really tasty shrimp and pork wanton noodles and an order of delicious pork gyoza in East, the eatery inside Rustan's Makati.

My officemate, S, fumed a bit from having our Friday lunch plans--Nanbantei, and a quick browsing detour in LV, after--scuttled. She was placated with a slice of really good chocolate cake in the end.

Anyway, I find East to be a great sanctuary, an oasis of unfussy, flavorful and well-priced food amidst the crazy sea of merchandise. If like me you get frustrated by too much wants and too little cash inside the department store, this place provides excellent respite.

The bear, meanwhile, stands sentry by the entrance of Rustan's, which explains the picture above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I was fuming as at 0 hour, our friend, the blogger here, decided to go with the pack and left me no choice but to abandon my craving for Nan Ban Tei. To top it all a piece of shredded meat from my order of ribs got stuck between my teeth that no amount of toothpicks could displace. As M said, all my "drama" dissipated with a hearty slice of Chocolate Cake. It's ok M, I still love ya! SHUSHALITY SHAHANI!

Anonymous said...

I love East too. A good place to relax after a tiring afternoon of shopping and walking. It's also a nice date place since it's hidden, cozy, and private.