Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lolo Dad's Brasserie



Life is always so much brighter after a good meal, which is what I had last Friday at Lolo Dad's with my friend K.



Salad was madness, to be sure. Named wittily as "Only for the Rich," it was mesclun greens in pomegranate and molasses dresing topped with many of my favorite things: scallops, lobster, seared duck liver, jamon serrano and cured salmon.



Then we shared a ribeye. It was a perfectly seasoned and perfectly tender piece of lovely meat. The mashed potato on the side, however, could have been presented in a more appetizing manner. It reminded one of animal turd.



The warm apple tartatin with cappucino ice cream and vanilla sabayon at the end failed to put an exclamation mark to the meal. There are so many better apple pies around.

But the salad, so exquisite and perfect, will stay in the mind for a very long time.

4 comments:

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

how is it compared to Lolo dads in Buendia/leon guinto?

Michael Morco said...

I hadn't been to the Quirino joint in ages. But I like the interiors there better. The 6750 place looks haphazard, and the layout isn't perfect. As for the food, from what I've tasted, the standard would be close, although I believe the one in Quirino offers more complex dishes than the brasserie. 6750 also has lighter fare like pasta and sandwiches.

And the pricing... both kinda steep.

Michael Morco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"The mashed potato on the side, however, could have been presented in a more appetizing manner. It reminded one of animal turd."

Bwahahaha! That really cracked me up.

I was actually excited when I found out Lolo Dad's was opening a brasserie in Makati. But so far it has gotten a pretty lukewarm reception from foodies. I also saw the prices in another blog, and I honestly think its a bit too much, since I know I could get a finer meal for that much money.

We should have dinner again soon! I'm thinking we should do Spanish with some really good wine. Let me know if you're in...:-)