Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

My friend sent me this 25 Random Things game in Facebook, and I just saw Chuvaness posting hers. Here's mine, just for kicks.

1. I still don't really know how to use most of Facebook's features up to now.

2. More and more, I want to simplify my life, pare it down to essentials.

3. I thank God for Moleskine journals.

4. I have finished an entire Mamou steak (800g) plus some side dishes, by myself. (I even found space for beer afterwards.)

5. I haven't dated in years; now I completely dread it.

6. I wish I were less emotional about or less affected by tennis in general, and Roger Federer's matches in particular. It might lead to heart attack. (Nearly died during last night's Australian Open.)

7. Sleepwalking one night when I was 7 or 8, I peed into my school shoes.

8. I used to eat Jolly Hotdog and hot fudge sundae every day after school in high school.

9. My idea of a perfect bar is still Shiraz and I still miss it to this day. I also still miss Orange.

10. My favorite beverages are regular Coke (all day), coffee (during the day) San Mig Light (at night). Oh and I drink lots of water every day.

11. I sincerely think that Aegis, the local band that gave us "Halik," "Basang Basa Sa Ulan" etc., is genius, and should be inducted to something like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

12. I begrudge my mother for buying designer bags only for herself. (She doesn't know this, of course.)

13. This quote from Isabel Gillies sort of sums up what I also believe: "I believe in love. I believe in hard times and love winning. I believe marriage is hard. I believe people make mistakes. I believe people can want two things at once. I believe people are selfish and generous at the same time. I believe very few people want to hurt others. I believe that life can surprise you. I believe in happy endings."

14. I can be isnabero at times, but I'm more shy than isnabero.

15. I'm bad with people's names. I hide from acquaintances when there's a danger of bumping into them, because I find small talk excruciating.

16. I really want to take up pattern-making this year.

17. The four people I'd like to have an autograph of are Roger Federer, Sharon Cuneta, Nora Aunor and Dolphy.

18. For me, the perfect city to live in is somewhere where (nearly) everyone is stylish, loves eating well, and reads a lot.

19. I wish people would wear flipflops only at home, and at the beach. I wish people didn't wear Crocs, ever.

20. Another quote that speaks to me is spoken by a character in Murakami's "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle": "I do not like it when people wear the wrong thing. That is all. It is something I simply cannot--cannot--abide. I at least want the people around me to dress as well as possible.... I feel a personal, almost physical, revulsion for messy clothing."

21. I wish everyone, including myself, would be more nuanced when opinionating. Saying I love/I hate this/that is too easy.

22. I don't like travelling, as in packing, taking a plane, etc., a whole lot. I wish teleportation were a real travelling option.

23. I used to buy several magazines every month. Now I just get US Vogue, because I have an affinity with its point of view.

24. When I grow up, I want to be Oscar de la Renta.

25. Or Renee Salud. Just kidding!

No comments: