Friday, May 29, 2009

Guest Blog: Corinne on a Dinner at Terrace, Greenbelt 5



My friend Corinne shares her thoughts on a dinner at Terrace at Greenbelt 5, which, by the way, serves really excellent food. Anyway, here is her entry:

22 May 2009

The first line of The Verve’s "Bittersweet Symphony" reverberates. “Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life. Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die.”

This was my mantra as I welcomed 2009. And, the hypnotic global phenomenon called recession did not help at all.


But tonight, I allowed myself to be pulled back to earth. Tonight, I spent precious and irrevocable time with people who are close to my heart. Unlike any other gimmick nights, tonight we were not out to people watch nor to be seen.


We were just a group of 3 friends, out to enjoy great food, interesting conversations, and terrific company. Oblivious to passers by, oblivious to other diners of The Terrace, we ate, drank wine, laughed, and shared stories. (Once in a while though, servers would get in our bubble. Impressed with their impeccable service, we would willingly let them in).


It was indeed as if we were situated in the comforts of our homes, like a snug and cozy space of a terrace.


Tonight was a life experience captured by this receipt that's definitely one for the ledger.

2 comments:

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

my fave is the slow-roasted pork rib belly in reduced balsamic sauce - orgasmic!

Michael Morco said...

Oh yeah! My friend ordered that and I got to taste it. Incredibly good!