Monday, May 11, 2009

Things I'm Listening To


Actor by St Vincent

The music of St Vincent (aka Annie Clark, formerly of Polyphonic Spree) is one of the best things I've discovered this year. Her voice remains low key and pretty all throughout, but the music is by turns lush and gorgeous then explosive and violent. There's range and complexity aplenty in this superb CD.



The Law of the Playground by The Boy Least Likely To

The music of The Boy Least Likely To is instantly beguiling in its seemingly childish simplicity, but the tension comes from the themes explored in this duo's lyrics. The result is wonderful.


Set Yourself on Fire by Stars

Okay this album is four years old, but Stars is one of my all-time favorite bands, and this is their best album. It contains "The Big Fight," which when I first heard, slayed me no end.


Love vs Money by The-Dream

As far as R&B goes, this is really solid. Great beats and grooves all around.


Fantasies by Metric

I've been listening to this album nearly every day for three weeks now. It's so catchy, electric and cool, I can't stop.

No comments: