Monday, January 5, 2009

To Give and To Receive

To give...

I loved shopping for presents for my goddaughters at David & Goliath, which is filled with shirts and stuff that feature irreverent and witty one-liners. For Sharlene, who's 14, I got this backpack.



It didn't occur to me that, at 14, she might no longer think that boys are "smelly" or "stupid" or "gross," the adjectives that are interchangeable according to her mood. So I was relieved to know she used the bag immediately for a Tagaytay trip after Christmas.

For six-month old Julianna, I got this shirt that says "Not Listening." I think it's just perfect for infants who are impervious to their parents' scolding.



To receive...

I'm not sure how I got the reputation for being a difficult person to find gifts for, but these two friends below gave me useful things which I love.

From Marilen, a "devil cup cap" that adds a little whimsy to the otherwise plain duo of jug and glass in my room.



And from Mona, something to keep me from littering the streets with cigarette butts.



And from myself, a pair of white shoes from Pedro. Actually an impulse buy, but Christmas is the best excuse to give yourself something, anything.

No comments: