Thursday, January 8, 2009

From Kyowa to... KingCom?!?


Last April, a few months before the company I work for was acquired by a huge conglomerate, I waxed rhapsodic about Mister Donut Coffee in this entry, and at the same time bemoaned the condition of our coffeemaker.

Today, I am a loyal customer at Cafe Enzo and of their Lavazza Coffee. But shelling out at least P85 for a cup of coffee daily can tax the wallet in the long run. (The world being in recession mode, I want to be more prudent as well.) So I've been thinking of just buying the beans (or grounds) and brewing it myself.

Which brings me to the coffee maker pictured above. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the puny--and Kingcom? Really?--coffee maker that replaced the dilapidated Kyowa unit which I donated years ago.

Did I mention we're now a subsidiary of a huge conglomerate? Believe me, I'm in tears just typing this.

2 comments:

Timmy said...

try krups

although mine is generic

kingcom? there is a hidden phone extension in that maker somewhere

Michael Morco said...

I have a feeling that it is a corporate giveaway from Kingcom, which I don't mind for personal use. But for the office? It gets my goat.