Thursday, May 8, 2008

Passport Blues




Beaurocracy, here as it is in France (I'm told), is the devil. My friend Cherry recently went through crap at the Department of Foreign Affairs, and has this to say. -- Morx

***

I had to go to the DFA the other day. DFA has implemented a new rule recently , and that is for people to appear personally at their office and sign a form when they're applying for or renewing a passport.

It was such a hassle! It must have been 40 degrees when I got there and the lines were very long. Not unlike other government offices, they barely had a system. It was like being in the market.



There were so many officers talking at the same time and giving orders to those in line. It was almost too confusing, until I decided to follow the officer who acted as the emcee for the day. I thought I probably can’t go wrong following the one who had the microphone.




I’m just glad I don’t have to go through this again for the next 5 years.

--Cherry

1 comment:

Michael Morco said...

An emcee, huh? More like a clown, I'd presume.