Thursday, May 22, 2008

Too much fun, again



Coke is my best friend in the morning after a night of having too much fun (i.e. alcohol). And last night was very, very fun indeed. First, I had dinner with Chi and Jezer at Florabel's new restaurant, Felix, in Greenbelt 5.



A very tony place, I think, but the pricing isn't snobbish.



The menu has a lot in it, which makes choosing a bit difficult when you want all the good stuff.



The GenSan (spicy tuna sashimi with salad; P325) is gorgeous in presentation and wonderful in taste. I really liked it.



The three of us split a 25-ounce Wagyu steak (P3200; photo above is my portion already, so imagine the size of it whole) and a bottle of Penfolds Cabernet Sauvignon (P1350).

The beef was unfortunately underseasoned, but it was oh so tender. Tenderness is three-fourths the battle when it comes to steak, and this steak clearly won there. If they just put more salt, it would be perfect. And would almost not need any of these sauces.



The double-baked potato siding was heaven. "The potato!" everyone would exclaim after first tasting it. It's like they took the flesh out of the skin, mashed it, stuffed it back and then baked it again. Which is genius.



We wanted to try Mezzanine in Nuvo, but the tables there cost P5000, which is too much for just three. So we walked over to Sala Bistro, where I had my Lemonlicious, and the two had Ketel One martini.

Afterwards was when the too much fun happened, at Chi's home where she mixed us a superb Grey Goose dirty martini, and I had beer and more beer and more... And which why Coke is my best friend today.

--Morx

No comments: