Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Freebie Moment: Duran Duran



What's with the recent lucky streak? Swing Out Sister last Monday, then Duran Duran last night--both free at the last minute. I hope I'm not using up my store of luck too soon. It's still just April, after all.

When my friend Annavi announced yesterday afternoon that she was going to the Duran Duran concert, I screamed, "Whaaaaat?"

She said, "Why? You wanna go?"

"Of course!" I said.

"You go, then. I'm tired anyway," she said.

And just like that, I was on my way to Araneta two hours later.

***
Pre-concert cheap thrill: I caught my longtime dream VB take notice of my vintage Defect Ate Guy shirt. Naks!


***

I was literally a kid during Duran Duran's heyday, so I can't claim to be a big fan. This is why it was a bit of a surprise how much I enjoyed the concert last night. I knew most of their songs pala, without knowing those were theirs. When the concert was over, I was happily exhausted from yelling, clapping and dancing. In Irene Cara's immortal words, "What a feeling!"

(Salamat, salamat, salamat, Annavi!)




-- Morx (Your contributions are sought and welcome here, my friends, so please write something and email me at mcmorco@gmail.com. Thanks!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the shirt!;-)