Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Wish I Had a Receipt For... (by ChiC)



...a first class ticket to any destination in Western Europe!

Not that I'm dissing the less-glam eastern part (my German friends have been going to Prague on weekends and LOVE it there), but since I have only been to France, it would be nice to see some of the other great European cities.





Here's my fantasy itinerary: I land at Frankfurt and take the scenic route to Hamburg at the northern tip of Germany. Hamburg being Europe's 3rd richest city, I expect to hit a lot of designer shops (granted that I could still afford it after splurging on my first class ticket), lounge at the Atlantic Hotel, and grind against tall, blue-eyed Aryan hunks in the city's famous clubs.





Then I take the ICE again to Munich, which, if I plan my trip end of September, would be hopping with Oktoberfest revelers. There I could meet all of my college friends who have migrated there and my gorgeous German friends who took their internship and Manila and have since gone back to their Vaterland. We will drown ourselves in weissbier and gobble up bratwursts and sauerkraut. From there I can go further south and visit the more romantic spots in Europe (romantic only if I had someone special with me, of course) .





Italy is definitely a must-see for me. The gorgeous architecture of Rome, Milan and Venice... The glorious Tuscan countryside laden with future "Super Tuscans"... And that food! Do not get me started with the food! The birthplace of my most favorite carbohydrate of them all- pasta- will surely have nothing but memorable gastronomic experiences in store for me. Prosciutto, salsiccia, provolone, mozarella, parmigiano... all the good stuff that my wet dreams are made of (although it could occasionally include a random Italian stud).






After which we can move on to another country famous for their sultry, latin sex appeal- Spain! Bullfights in Madrid, the Gothic structures of Gaudi, the party beaches of Ibiza and Mallorca... Oh, and should we start talking about food again? Jamon Serrano and Paella Valenciana every single day!





If I still have enough euros in my (by now, probably tattered) wallet, I would also want to see the Greek isles. After the mandatory visit to the Parthenon, I am off to the sun-bleached hillsides of Santorini and the romantic coves of Mykonos. After the cholesterol-rich foods all throughout my euro trip, I think the healthy Greek diet of tomatoes and olive oil will be good for me.

If that receipt was real, you can bet that I'll have a much juicier story to tell. I'll surely let you know if it happens!

-- Chinkee Clemente

No comments: