Thursday, April 3, 2008

I was so broke I had to take a non-airconditioned bus

I get broke quite often, and I've taken non-airconditioned buses (in laymen's term, they're called "ordinary" buses) at least twice on other occasions; so that's not the news. What's new is the digital ticketing device I saw for the first time tonight.

I know I have friends who've never taken a commuter bus in their lives, so it's too bad I can't post a picture of the common "analog" bus tickets here. So I just have to say that they are small brown newsprint papers on which is printed a slew of denominations, e.g. P1, P2, P5 and so on.

At first I did not notice it. I just thought the conductor was kinda sosyal to have a Sony Ericsson P900 dangling from his wrist. But then he typed on it as the next passenger was being ticketed, and I saw a piece of paper coming out of the supposed phone. I looked at my ticket again and I was amazed.




I was shy at first to ask the conductor for a picture with the device; I was meant to just point out that the black pouch dangling from the man's arm contained said device.







But when he sat down, I finally asked to take a picture of the thing. He volunteered that it was called the M-Pad. I wonder now what "M" stands for.




Nice, don't you think? Anyway, Notice the long thumbnail on his right hand. (We've all seen jolog men with long pinkie nail before, which theoretically is handy in reaching inside small holes, e.g. the nose) He uses it as his stylus for his touchscreen device. Shocks!


--Morx (Share your interesting receipt moments with me! Email mcmorco@gmail.com with photo and text and I'll post it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! ginawang stylus ang kuko. i lahvet!

Anonymous said...

M you kill me! That's our next business venture! Let's manufacture Stylus in the shape of a long "kuko"! Genius!

Anonymous said...

Anong bus ito? Waging-wagi! Sana tinanong mo narin kung ano model ng phone niya. Bagay sa kanya ang i-phone friend...may stylus na siya eh!!!!

Pero panalo ito!!