Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Welcome to Life in Receipts

Welcome to Life in Receipts, a site in which to share thoughts on our purchases, our tastes and preferences, enthusiasms and recommendations. Our, which means I'm hoping my friends will contribute and participate actively to make this a lively and illuminating blog. Sometimes, we are what we purchase, so it would be great to know ourselves by thinking a bit more on the things we buy.


I was inspired to keep my receipts when I got my Moleskine diary at the start of the year. Since I'm not a terribly busy person, I thought stapling the receipts from my purchases and meals would be a good way of filling up its pages. One spread looks like this



The receipts help me to recall the stories of a particular day, which I was too lazy to write down. And I thought this blog would prompt me to be keep a written record of interesting thoughts, ideas and stories.

But I don't want this to be all about me. I hope it would be a communal site. As I said at the beginning of this post, I'd love for this to become a forum where we can recommend stuff, argue sometimes, and share stories.

For your contributions, please email me at mcmorco@gmail.com

Morx

No comments: