Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Freebie Moment: Swing Out Sister



First surprise was that I was going to get a free ticket to the Swing Out Sister concert after all. Second was that the Araneta was nearly full, which means Corinne Drewery--same hair as ever--still has asim. (I'm curious as to the origins of this expression, "may asim pa." What did it originally refer to?)

I was expecting to experience a full-blown blast from the past, but got only a one-third blast. I didn't know the concert was in support of a new album. After all, the concert was called Breakout! and not The Beautiful Mess Tour.

Still, I had fun. They saved "Breakout" for the last encore song, which is for the best, ending the concert on a great note.

Thanks going out to my friend LC for the free ticket!

--Morx (I'm eagerly awaiting all your contributions! Please email mcmorco@gmail.com okay?)

No comments: